Journey Mental Health Center operates a program known simply as the Care Fund. The Care Fund is an emergency fund strictly for the needs of the Journey Mental Health Center consumers. Most consumer needs are addressed by clinical services including assessment, counseling, medication, case management, employment, and coaching/support. However, common problems most of us deal with daily can become major barriers to recovery for those we serve. The Care Fund provides modest financial assistance to Journey consumers for a variety of needs, including:
- Basic needs (food, personal care, and house cleaning products)
- Education and vocational training
- Exercise and wellness programs
- Classes in personal finance, home repair, cooking, etc.
- Sponsorship to events and conferences promoting advocacy, recovery, etc.
- Transportation needs
- Home and vehicle repair
- Supplies for avocations (art, sports, etc.)
It is important to note that the Care Fund is funded with donations entirely from outside the Journey Mental Health Center. Your support, and that of other donors, enables Journey Mental Health Center to help consumers without reducing program funding.