The Consumer Alliance Office advises and assists Journey Mental Health Center in making policy and procedural decisions that promote Journey values/principles for culturally competent services and consumer participation. This office is also instrumental in carrying forward the plans and activities embodied in Journey’s overall strategic plan.
The Consumer Alliance Office:
- Reviews that programs are integrating recovery principles into their services.
- Reviews departments practices and policies that promote choice by those we serve.
- Ensures the organization as a whole works with clients/consumers when formulating and carrying out practices.
- Connects with a broad range of diverse clients/consumers to provide feedback to agency committees and programs concerning policy and practice issues that affect clients/consumers.
- Makes recommendations about accountability mechanisms that will help the organization stay on course in achieving its vision. This includes developing and analyzing satisfaction surveys, facilitating focus groups, as well as the possibility of using other evaluative tools.
- Includes a representative on the Care Fund Committee, ensuring that clients/consumers have access to educational, wellness and other small grant opportunities.